Most email problems are related to improper configuration of email accounts in Email clients.
If you have any problem with sending/receiving emails please check the following things before sending helpdesk ticket.
1. Check if your are using correct user name and password.
2. Check if you have correct email configuration using instructions below. Below are the common settings for sending/receiving mail through outlook
- Display Name: Your Name
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Incoming Mail Server Type: POP3
- Incoming Mail Server: yourdomain.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: yourdomain.com
- Account Name: username (Do not use full email address)
- Password: E-mail account’s password
3. If you are getting SMTP server not responding errors while sending emails:
- Most ISP’s blocking SMTP server port 25 due to spamming issues.
In these instances, go to the advanced tab in your account settings and change your outgoing SMTP port from the default 25 to 587
We run SMTP services on this non-standard port to support for clients in this situation.
4. Make sure SMTP Authentication is enabled in your email client. Go to the following KnowledgeBase document to setup SMTP Authentication.
5. Check if you can login to webmail (http://www.yourdomain.com/webmail) and send/receive emails.
If you have checked all above simple steps and still not able to solve problem please send support ticket with your domain login and email account you are having problems with.
We appreciate for checking above simple steps before sending a support ticket.